1) a refillable water bottle. My bottle of choice was this one from Starbucks. When you're expecting - chugging water is a MUST!!!
2) my blender. I craved fruit (especially in the first tri) & ice cream. While I would have loved to make milkshakes everyday, then I would've gained even more than I did. (which was already waaaaaaay over the recommended amount) What did I do instead? Made fruit smoothies. Yogurt, ice, fruit (fresh or frozen) - yum! I could go for one right now.
3) Hair elastics. As a fellow mama pointed out in another post comment, they are all you need to "extend" (literally, hehe) the life of your jeans as your belly begins to grow.
4) A pregnancy pillow. Oh man... I didn't think I'd need one at first, but once I got one (Thanks, Dan!) I was instantly sleeping better... well as better as better could be! I had the boppy one, but I've heard rave reviews on the snoodle too!
4) Dan's sweatpants. I loved my pregnancy yoga pants, but nothing compared to his comfy worn in oversized sweats!
5) Super thin panty liners. Yuck, how I hated sticking these in my underwear at first... but trust me - it's worth it. I'll leave it at that.
6) Slippers. Honestly, these are on my everyday must-have list! Especially those with a hard bottom so I can run outside in them. But really, there's not too much better than some warm cozy slippers on your tired feet.
7) Granola bars. I always kept a granola bar in my bag - you never know when a bout of hunger or lightheadness migh hit. Love the cashew Lara bars... & I have a major weakness for good old Quaker chocolate chip bars.
8) McClures pickles. The.Best.Pickle. out there. PERIOD. You can order them online here & let me tell you ladies (& gents if you're reading this) they make an AMAZING Valentine's Day gift! (I got 2 jars from Dan last year & they were my favorite V-day gift EVER)!
So random, I know, but I felt the need to share! Oh... & I just realized I should have added an eggplant to the list... whatever eggplant farming society can probably thank me for an increase in eggplant demand last winter/spring. It was my most consistant craving throughout my pregnancy... & now Kate loves it too!
(around 3 months old - loving her eggplant rattle from baby gap. she now teethes on it like crazy!)
So, tell me - what other random things could you not have lived without during your pregnancy? & I promise, this time I think it's the last pregnancy-related post!!!